Friday, May 14, 2010

By the Numbers

The Month of April By the Numbers:

Total Miles Run:
88.92
Total Calories Burned:
11,073
Max/Min Weight:
138/137
Longest Run (miles):
14.5

This post is a bit late due to hectic work schedule. The big event of the month was the Pilot Mountain Payback (also my longest run of the month)- the lead-up, the race, and the recovery. Overall it went well and I was able to jump back into some harder speed work after recovery. The next race is the Biltmore 15K so my mileage is dropping due to an emphasis on speed before this shorter race. Summer is creeping up on us and there have several medium-high ozone warning days which I always struggle with as part of my asthma. I am in a research study currently for asthma and my testing shows that my airways are only 85% of what a "normal" person with my profile would have. I can't imagine what it would be without running - am very thankful for the respiratory strength/capacity I've gained this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment