Sunday, July 8, 2012

Week in Review: Base Building Week #1

Week 1 is in the books and I'm on my way :)

Here's the Week in Review:


  • Monday-  2.21 miles easy
  • Tuesday-  rest day
  • Wednesday - 5.01 miles of trail running at Pilot Mtn with hills
  • Thursday - rest day
  • Friday - 20 minutes of raquetball followed by 1.07 miles on treadmill at Y
  • Saturday - 3.02 miles moderate
  • Sunday - 4.99 miles long run and 1 hour yoga

New this week - Cross Training at the YMCA.  I got a guest pass to check it out and did 20 min of Raquetball with hubby Friday and went back today (Sunday) to do an hour of yoga after my long run.  I forgot how awesome yoga is - getting centered, stretching, meditating.  <3!!  Plus all of the balancing positions really tested the stability muscle in my feet which are weak and why I keep getting tendonitis...

My dad called an offered to get me a 12 month YMCA membership for my birthday this month which I am super excited about.  I'm the kind of person that might not use a gym membership allll that much on my own dime, but will absolutely not waste it when someone else is paying so it is actually more motivating.  I've really enjoyed the few things I have done already and look forward to trying more classes and maybe even some swimming...

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment