Speaking of smiling - here are some peaks and valleys from yesterday's long run at Salem Lake:
Peaks:
- Colorful fall leaves on trees / trail
- Salem lake has water in it! (hadn't been there since the dam was finished so that was a pleasant surprise - made the view on the trail even better)
- Catching myself smiling periodically at nothing in particular #RunWithJoy
- Around mile 6 I was running up over a hill and the sun was shining down on the trail when just ahead of me a huge hawk/falcon/large bird of prey swooped down and started gliding down the trailpath up to the peak of the hill in front of me. Who gets to see sights like that? So cool! It was such a neat sight and reminds me to be thankful of the time I get to spend outside while running
- Ducks in Love...there was a cove with several mallard ducks all paired up every 10 yards or so. Glad I didn't have my bird dog with me or we would have both ended up in the water together!
- Seeing a Pudelpointer on a walk around the lake. Neat breed - will have to add that to the list of potential sisters for Oliver (current list includes: another GSP, Griffon pointer, wirehaired pointer, Pudelpointer - whats up with all the pointers?)
- Pumpkin cheesecake (was waiting for me at home - Not really a peak on the run, but talk about motivation to earn some calories!)
Valleys:
- Copperhead crossing the trail around mile 4 on my run. Eeeek! Fortunately it was small (maybe 14-16") and not moving all that fast. I wasn't moving all that fast either so I was able to adjust course and run AROUND it before I ran ON it. I swear I spent the next 5 miles with my eyes glued to the trail for snakes. I HATE SNAKES....figured they'd be settled in for the winter but not quite yet...
Only 1 real valley and it wasn't in the realm of falling apart on the run, or face planting, or hitting a wall - so I guess I'll take it.*
*No I am not encouraging snakes to meet me out for a run...
No comments:
Post a Comment