Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Resting

Any runner will tell you - rest is important! They'll also acknowledge, it is tough to rest.

I tend to be hyper-organized and have training plans all mapped out, but I know I need to be flexible. This being said, it's annoying to not follow the plan. Yesterday we had our 7th snow of the season and of late, we've been swinging from 65 degrees to 30 degrees every other day it seems here in the Piedmont. This inevitably makes me sick every Spring. Add on to this that people at my office and Chris's office have been out sick, it's no wonder that we've both been feeling crummy this week. I missed my run yesterday and will probably miss today's. Major bummer, but I barely have enough energy to get through the workday - running a 5 mile tempo tonight just doesn't seem feasible.

I'm due for a step-back week and I guess now is as good a time to do it. I'll fidget with my plan later on and work these rest days into the plan in a positive way. The weather is supposed to be great this weekend so hopefully I can get out and make the most of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment