Tuesday, March 2, 2010

By the Numbers

This Month By the Numbers:

Total Miles Run: 101.11 miles First 100+ mile month!
Total Calories Burned: 10,886
Max/Min Weight: 144/142
Longest Run (miles): 13.35 miles
Total Mileage on Shoes: 390.24 (yellow Nikes), 14.29 on new Nikes

Most interesting distraction of the month:
Running down the hill on Knollwood on recycling day and seeing a (used?) plastic tampon applicator on the sidewalk by the recycling bin. The distraction/internal conversation that ensued as I jumped over it was quite interesting including questions like - what is that doing on a sidewalk? was the person trying to recycle it? are those even recyclable? oh good golly i'm glad i use a stainless steel water bottle each day instead of plastic water bottles made from recycled materials...

Although I didn't get to run my Half, it was good to have the realization that I was, in fact, ready for it and confident when the time came. Hopefully the next 6 weeks will prove to be challenging and help with speed, endurance, and strength. I have no races this month, just helping Chris get to/through his first Marathon on 3/20 while I keep trucking down the road to my Half. This Sunday we're going out to Bur-Mil park in G'boro to do some trail running. I've been a bit anxious to get out to the Pilot Mtn trails to see what the Half will be like, but alas, the trails are still closed until they dry out. The Bur-Mil trails should be fun though!

No comments:

Post a Comment