Sunday, February 28, 2010

New Shoes!

Remember how much I loved my shoes? I mean l-o-v-e-d them? Well I found another pair at a great price online and ordered them quickly as the yellow ones were nearing 400 miles by the end of this month. They came on Thursday (a rest day) and Friday I took the day off after donating blood, so what better way to welcome them to the collection than to trot them around town? I took them out of the box, laced up, and went for a 12 mile jaunt through all the best neighborhoods and paths - Ardmore, West End, Buena Vista, Graylyn Estate, Reynolda Estate, Wake Forest campus and back on up the hills to the house. When they arrived Thursday, I did the obligatory things as a runner - took them out of the box, took a big sniff of the new rubber smell, and commenced their arrival with a photo shoot :D. I didn't realize what color the new ones were going to be, but was happy to see they were "Dark Gray and Vaporize (menthol green/blue)" instead of the hot pink or purple.








(notice how clean the new ones look above the old ones :D - not for long though!)

No comments:

Post a Comment